Change lives. Start with your own.
At East Central University, we consider our education degrees as flagship programs. We have effectively trained teachers for more than 100 years and are proud to extend this tradition to the online classroom.
Our online education programs are specifically designed for working educators who want to go further in their careers by specializing in a particular area of instruction. ECU Online offers four online Master of Education programs: Educational Leadership, Instructional Design and Technology, Library Media and Sports Administration. Each master’s in education online degree features multiple start dates, instructors with years of real-world experience and a community of peers that help you reach your professional and personal best.
Additionally, each online M.Ed degree requires an in-person practicum, giving you the opportunity to apply your training to the real world. All programs are taught by experienced and dedicated instructors who are experts in their field and wholly dedicated to your professional and personal success.
Because our online education programs are offered in a digital format, you’ll have the flexibility you need to earn your degree while keeping your job and other commitments. Study when and where it’s right for you and earn the career-advancing credentials you need at your own pace.
Master’s Degrees in Education
- Educational Leadership
Earn the degree you need to become an education administrator
- Instructional Design & Technology
Focus your education career toward expertise in classroom technology
- Library Media
Gain the skills you need to become a library media specialist
- Sports Administration
Become a sports administration leader in both professional and educational settings
Why East Central?
- More than 100 years of teaching excellence
- Complete your degree in 18 months
- Earn the credential you need to specialize your education career
Fill out the form below to request more information about ECU’s online education programs.
Master of Education
- Prepares graduates to become certified principals, vice principals or other administrative roles in K-12 schools
- Can be completed in 18 months
Master of Education
Instructional Design & Technology
- Effectively prepares working educators to serve as specialists in educational technology and instructional design
- Features current, relative and innovative curriculum designed to promote technology leadership
Master of Education
- Readies working educators to sit for their librarian exam and become school library media specialists in grades PK-12
- Offers 40 practicum hours that emphasize all areas of school librarianship, including technology
Criminal Justice Administration
- Innovated curriculum to strengthen your professional skills
- Designed for those that want to advance their career in the field of criminal justice
- Develop valuable skills for success in management roles
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of business theory and practice
Master of Education
- Prepares professional educators for athletic leadership positions such as head coach or athletic director
- Features a comprehensive curriculum with 100 hours of practical hands-on training
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about the online education programs at East Central University? We have answers.
ECU Online offers four online Master of Education degrees, each designed to help educators specialize in their careers and go further as professionals. Courses are taken in a fully digital format, supplemented by required practicums that allow you to gain real-world experience in your area of study. Note that our online education programs do not lead to a teaching certification.
As a working educator, a master’s degree is the key to unlocking opportunities for leadership, specialization and professional advancement. Those with master’s degrees statistically earn more money, are prepared to pursue additional licensure and are able to overall build more successful and meaningful careers.
East Central University began as a teacher college, meaning that we have more experience in training educators than in any other academic area. Earning your degree online allows you to have the same quality education as on-campus students. However, you’ll have more flexibility in when and where you attend class.
We offer five start dates per year and the option to transfer credits, allowing you to lower your tuition and speed up your completion time.
Education is a steadily growing sector of the economy, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. With a projected 9% growth rate in open positions by 2026, graduates of ECU Online’s education programs have ample opportunities to move to higher levels in their careers.
All information cited from PayScale.
Principals oversee all administrative aspects of a school. They are responsible for managing staff and resources, establishing behavioral standards, ensuring compliance, setting goals for their institution and many other related tasks.
Average annual salary: $90,315
Information Technology (IT) Trainer
IT trainers are responsible for creating and implementing educational programming for companies and organizations. They may teach staff how to use certain computer equipment, assess trainee learning, review test materials and related duties.
Average annual salary: $59,660
School librarians oversee all operations within school libraries. These professionals may be charged with helping students find books and other media materials, increasing the library’s collection of items, creating literary campaigns, supporting classroom projects, educating students and related duties.
Average annual salary: $49,476
Athletic coaches are responsible for teaching athletes at their educational institutions. These individuals help students complete physical training, mentor athletic students, oversee sports teams and a host of other duties.
Average annual salary: $40,995