- More than 100 years of excellence
- Awarded for affordability
- Fully online
Rooted in a tradition of excellence, the Master of Education programs offered by East Central University Online, prepare students to become pedagogical leaders of the 21st century. We offer a host of online degree opportunities that prepare working educators to earn advanced credentials, increase their earning potential and gain new skills to impact their students.
M.Ed. in Educational Leadership
- Prepares graduates to become certified principals, vice principals or other administrative roles in K-12 schools
- Can be completed in 18 months
M.Ed. in Library Media
- Readies working educators to sit for their librarian exam and become school library media specialist in grades PK-12
- Offers 40 practicum hours that emphasize all areas of school librarianship, including technology
M.Ed. in Special Education
- Specialized coursework in special education
- Explores the unique learning abilities and psychological requirements of children with disabilities
M.Ed. in Sports Administration
- Prepares professional educators for athletic leadership positions such as head coach or athletic director
- Features a comprehensive curriculum with 100 hours of practical hands-on training
M.Ed. Instructional Design and Technology
- Effectively prepares working educators to serve as specialists in educational technology and instructional design
- Features current, relative and innovative curriculum designed to promote technology leadership
School Superintendent Certificate
- Prepares educational leaders with the required knowledge and skills to pass the Oklahoma certification test for school superintendents and qualify for career advancement
- Can be completed in one year
Tuition for education programs is $359.88 per credit hour*.
*Price reflects tuition for Oklahoma residents. Non-resident tuition is $618.84 per credit hour for undergraduate programs and $714.84 per credit hour for graduate programs. There is a non-resident tuition waiver available if certain requirements are met. Speak to an enrollment counselor for more information. An additional semester fee of $89 will apply for all students and possible charges for course related fees.
Accreditations and Affiliations
Higher Learning Commission
East Central University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Educational Leadership Constituent Council
The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program is aligned with the Educational Leadership Constituent Council standards.
National Association for Sport and Physical Education
The M.Ed. in Sports Administration program is aligned with the National Association for Sport and Physical Education standards and the North American Society for Sports Management standards.
About East Central University
Founded in 1909, East Central University was originally established in eastern Oklahoma for the purpose of teacher certification training. Since that time, ECU has grown into a full-fledged university, offering a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees. As the alma mater of business leaders, elected officials, artists, scientists, astronauts and countless others, ECU remains one of the best institutions in the state for students to experience innovative learning through on-campus and online communities.